"Education is a discovery process from the inside out."
“The person served is the center of planning and practices that identify his/her unique capability and preferences while nurturing growth within the natural/typical environments and opportunities throughout our community. Resources are shaped to enrich the physical, intellectual, emotional and spiritual elements of an individual’s life toward promoting interdependence and meaningful contribution.”
- We volunteer for Meals on Wheels for 16 routes per week.
- “Adopt a Grandparent” program at Golden Living Community in Independence.
- We visit the Palmer Center and Vesper Hall to listen to live country music.
- We volunteer at the City of Independence Animal Shelter.
- We deliver day-old bread to the Community Service League.
- We pick up day-old donuts and deliver to homeless shelters, fire stations, and womens Hope House.
- We recycle cans, cardboard, paper.
- We pick up trash from the city parks in Independence.
- We maintain and garden where we sell produce, flowers, and sometimes craft items.
- Annual yard sales